Northern Federation is looking for a friendly and positive person to join our office team. Primarily you would be based at Northern Junior School but the role will also involve some support across the federation. This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of an effective school administrative team. We can promise you that no two days will be the same! The position is fast paced, diverse and requires someone who is resilient and hardworking whilst retaining a sense of humour. Experience of working within an educational environment is advantageous but is not essential as training will be provided for the right person. You will be skilled in managing a wide range of tasks and have an administrative background to support the other members of our admin team. As well as being the first point of call for visitors and enquiries to the school, you will also need to be cheerful, enthusiastic and able to communicate effectively with staff, parents and children.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Communications to parents
- Managing school dinners and co-ordinating with the school kitchen
- Organisation of school trips including travel packs
- First aid and administering of medicine – training will be provided by the school
- Photocopying and distributing school reports
- Monitoring and order stationery
- Contributing to the smooth day to day running of the school reception You will be required to undertake other duties appropriate to the salary grade. Therefore, the list of duties should not be regarded as exhaustive or exclusive.
The successful candidate will:
- Support the school’s ethos and values
- Have excellent administration, communication and organisational skills
- Have good IT skills particularly Word and Excel.
- Be able to respect confidentiality
- Be able to work efficiently and use their own initiative to solve work related problems
- Be flexible and willing to learn
What we can offer you:
- A welcoming and vibrant school environment where staff enjoy working as part of a successful team
- Variety in your working day
- A commitment to professional development.
- Support for wellbeing including a wellbeing day
- Friendly and approachable work colleagues
- Membership to the Local Government Pension Scheme
Salary & Benefits
HCC Pay and benefits, Grade B FTE £18887-£19208 (Actual £14330- £14574)
Hours of Work : 32 hours per week (Mon-Thurs 09.30-16.30 with 30 minutes for lunch, Friday 09.30-16.00 (40 working weeks per year)
Deadline and how to apply
Closing date: 30th August 2022 at midday
For further information including job description and person specification please see website https://www.northernfederation.org.uk/Recruitment/ Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.